News and Announcements
Ontario Soccer has requested that EMSA and CLUBS INVITE ALL PARENTS, COACHES, MANAGERS and CLUB EXECUTIVES to The presentation by Ontario Soccer Staff which will focus on the development of the system to this date and the plans for the future.
This is a good opportunity for you all to recevie first hand information regarding programs affecting your chldren and for you to provide your comments directly to the organization mandating clubs in Ontario.
When: Thursday October 18th 7-9pm
Where: BMO Center, 295 Rectory Street, London ON
Please RSVP by October 16th to email@example.com
“OUR CLUB, OUR PRIDE”
LACFC will be conducting assessment sessions for the Futsal Season to start working with players committed to the different competitive and travelling futsal teams.
Sessions as follows:
Tuesday September 18 – Boys born in 2008, 2007 and 2006 from 6 to 7:15 P.M.
Tuesday September 18 – Boys born in 2005, 2004, 2003 and 2002 from 7:15 to 8:30 P.M.
Wednesday September 19 – Girls 2004, 2003, 2002 and 2001 from 6:30 to 8:00 P.M.
All sessions will be outdoor at Mother Theresa High School – 1065 Sunningdale Road East
Please dress accordingly.
More Sessions to include other age groups will be announced soon
BENEFITS OF FUTSAL FOR SOCCER
Futsal compresses soccer’s essential skills into a small box; it places players inside the deep practice zone, making and correcting errors, constantly generating solutions to vivid problems. Players touching the ball 600 percent more often learn far faster, without realizing it, than they would in the vast, bouncy expanse of the outdoor and indoor soccer (TURF) game.
Futsal promotes better technique and develops soccer skills more rapidly and better than any other type of indoor soccer for both offensive and defensive skills training. One reason lies in the math. Futsal players touch the ball far more often than soccer players—six times more often per minute, according to a Liverpool University study. The smaller, heavier ball demands and rewards more precise handling—as coaches point out, you can’t get out of a tight spot simply by booting the ball downfield.
The benefits of futsal include:
• improves players decision making skills
• provides players with more touches on the ball
• the heavier ball increases the power of players
• it develops the confidence in players to go 1v1 against their opponent
• it allows players to be creative in getting around their opposition
• it improves reaction time
If you want to stay fit, continue to work seriously and hard on your soccer skills and have an advantage over the rest of the competition going into the 2019 soccer season, make sure you put in the extra work over the off season AND FOR THIS, as the greatest in the sport of soccer say, THERE IS NO BETTER WAY TO IMPROVE SOCCER SKILLS THAN TO PLAY FUTSAL.
FUTSAL, ENJOYMENT and DEVELOPMENT
FUTSAL, THE GAME THE TEACHER
LACFC – OUR CLUB, OUR PRIDE
WHY PLAY FUTSAL
Futsal is FIFA’s official indoor soccer game which is, essentially, a scaled down version of outdoor soccer played indoors. It is a small sided game (5v5) played on a smaller field (roughly basketball court sized) with a smaller sized ball. Futsal is played with touchline boundaries.
• Futsal requires the same basic skills, tactics, and knowledge of the game as the 11 v 11 outdoor game.
• Compared to indoor arena soccer, players touch the ball 210% more often.
• Ball control is encouraged and required due to limited space, out of bounds and constant opponent pressure.
• Players learn to move off the ball and make supporting runs when their teammates have the ball, forcing players to continue with the play, instead of stopping and watching.
• IT’S FUN!! Players enjoy the challenge of playing a fast-paced-fun-skilled-oriented game that test their abilities
If you want to stay fit, continue to work hard on your soccer skills and have an advantage over the rest of the competition going into the 2019 soccer season, make sure you put in the extra work over the off season AND FOR THIS, as the greatest in the sport of soccer say, THERE IS NO BETTER WAY THAN TO PLAY FUTSAL.
FUTSAL, THE GAME, THE TEACHER
FUTSAL, ENJOYMENT AND DEVELOPMENT
LACFC, Building a Stronger and Healthier community
Subject: Canadian Premier League open trials coming to Ontario
The Canadian Premier League has announced that soccer players 16 years and older will have an opportunity to earn a spot on a professional club roster through the #GotGame Open Trials.
Canada’s new men’s professional soccer league will host these trials in seven cities across the country beginning in September.
These trials will take place in two Ontario cities. The CPL #GotGame Open Trials will take place in Hamilton on Oct. 1-2 and Toronto on Oct. 11-12.
CPL Coaching and Technical staff will be in attendance for the full-day sessions to assess participants.
Registration opens August 29, 2018 at 12:00 p.m. and participants must register before attending the trials.
Visit https://login.canpl.ca/gotgame to register. Visit canpl.ca for more information.
If you have any further questions, please contact John Gibson, Director of Interprovincial Affairs at the Canadian Premier League.
1. CANADA’s DAY. Because we are grateful to our patriots patriarchs who fought for our freedom, rights & responsibilities. “CONGRATULATIONS CANADA & CANADIANS”
2. GRADUATION WEEK. Because we have so many grade 6s, 8s, 12s and post secondary soccer players graduating this year. We are happy for all in general who are graduating and moving forward to their next step in life. “CONGRATUALTIONS STUDENTS”
3. LONG WEEKEND. Because after a hard working journey in soccer or anything else, a break is well deserved for all. “ENJOY”
4. SOCCER WORLD CUP. Because it is the event that identifies us and join us together with many others. “GOL SOCCER GOL!”
5. WE PLAY SOCCER. Because it is the sport we use at LACFC to teach not only soccer skills but skills beyond SOCCER. “GOL LACFC GOL!”
6. FAIR PLAY TIE BREAKER RULE. Because the beautiful game of soccer is rewarding the way you play the game and the way LACFC teaches it and plays it is always respecting the opponent such as going always for the ball and/or not utilizing ’wasting time when ball out of play" maneuvers when playing the game as we like to play . “JOIN THE ACTION, SOCCER ACTION, THE LACFC WAY”.
7. MORE SOCCER. Because even thought we do not have training nor games at LACFC this long weekend, we will still be having more soccer through the WORLD CUP of SOCCER in television and/or, as the case is for some friends, even in person at the RUSSIAN STADIUMS. “GOL! SOCCER GOL!”
ENJOY A SUPER CANADA’s DAY and ALL OTHER POINTS
“OUR CLUB, OUR PRIDE”